When a skill has a shelf life of 2-3 years, the level of job change employees face through their long careers is astronomical, says Todd Moran, Chief Learning Strategist at NovoEd. An emphasis on skill building should absolutely be a focal point for employers.
Todd, hosted by Brandon Hall Group’s Rachel Cooke and Michael Rochelle, expands on this idea in this episode of HCMx Radio 178: Upskilling & Reskilling at Scale.
- Skills vs. capabilities, and the criticality of individual and organizational capabilities
- Moving beyond content (even if personalized) as a proxy for learning
- Anchoring around focused, contextual learning experiences that align with business and individual goals
- The importance of alignment, connection and context in learning experience for large enterprises with geographically distributed, hybrid workforces
- Where do we go from here — post-pandemic and beyond?
More about the Brandon Hall Group podcast can be found here.